New signs installed on Mansfield’s
South Common and East Common.
Funding was provided by
the Mansfield Non-Profit Gift Fund.
Keep Mansfield Beautiful is a volunteer organization dedicated to cleaning up and greening up our community. Our primary areas of focus include:
- Litter prevention and cleanup
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Beautification and community greening
We have completed several projects over the past year, including:
- November 2011 The Mansfield DPW recently renovated and expanded the "Farmer's Market" garden that has been maintained by the Garden Club of Mansfield over the past several years. A $2,000 grant from Keep America Beautiful paid for the new park bench and a Purple Plum Tree. A previous donation from Covidien paid for the new trash barrel. The Garden Club recently planted more than 100 spring bulbs and will plant additional perennials in the spring.
- June 2011: With support from downtown business owners, the Garden Club of Mansfield, and the Mansfield DPW, 42 flower barrels now grace the streets of downtown Mansfield. In September, fresh mums will be planted for the fall season.
- May 2011: More Greenery for the Mansfield Green Recycling Center, thanks to the planting of 45 Rhododendrons and Mountain Laurels. Special thanks to Guerrini Landscape of Mansfield, Blue View Nurseries, Presentato Landscaping, and the Mansfield DPW.
- Ongoing: Local landscapers, businesses, and families maintain 14 “Adopt-a-Spot” locations in town by planting flowers and shrubs and maintaining properties throughout the season.
- May 2011: Hosted the fourth annual Great American Cleanup of Mansfield. More than 700 volunteers donated approximately 2,000 hours of time with an estimated economic value of $40,000. Several hundred bags of litter were removed from roadsides, parks, and school grounds.
- March 2011: Fifteen additional barrels added to our "Trash Can Be Beautiful" collection (now totaling 37), as volunteers show their creativity by repainting municipal trash barrels. With assistance from DPW, these barrels are in use in prominent locations around town.
- December 2010: Volunteers from the Mansfield High School Student Service Corps painted over the graffiti on the Otis Street Bridge in West Mansfield.
- November 2010: Installed new sign for the Mansfield North Common. Financial support came from the Mansfield Non-Profit Gift Fund
- September 2010: Keep Mansfield Beautiful became a certified affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, the nation’s largest community improvement organization. Mansfield joins only three other Massachusetts affiliates (Springfield, Lowell, and Chelsea).
- April 2010: The 12 new steel trash bins and seven park benches we purchased in 2009 were installed by the DPW on the North Common and other downtown locations. Funding came from Covidien, the Non Profit Gift Fund, and the Garden Club of Mansfield.
Get Your Keep Mansfield Beautiful reusable shopping bag!
Suggested donation of $5.00 or get three for $10.00.
Email us for more information.
Get involved! We are currently seeking volunteers to work on several sub-committees, including the Great American Cleanup of Mansfield, fundraising, and graffiti removal. Email us to learn more.
Donate to Keep Mansfield Beautiful
We welcome your tax-deductible charitable contributions! Proceeds will support the Great American Cleanup of Mansfield, beautification of downtown Mansfield, and other projects. Checks, payable to The Mansfield Beautification Committee, Account 4070-483000, can be mailed to:
Town of Mansfield
Attn: Mansfield Beautification Committee
6 Park Row
Mansfield, MA 02048